Think of everyone walking the universe with a piece of tape throughout his or her temple claiming Make Me Feel Important.
This is the essence of sales and providing outrageous customer care. It’s additionally the essence of constructing a wonderful company and also attracting all-star ability.
Think of when you were offered a solution or marketed something. Doesn’t it feel excellent when the service was provided in a fast, quick, reliable, and also pleasant manner? It feels so excellent that you will certainly go back and also buy more (also if you don’t demand anything) considering that you intend to be around that feeling.
The following is a great instance of making me feel important:
Georgina had 2 wrist watches that should be taken care of. Strolling into the fashion jewellery store, she remember assuming as well as thinking that something will get achieved however most likely just half way, and also this would probably be a procedure where she would certainly need to keep calling or coming back.
To her surprise she was greeted with a smile as well as open arms. The owner instantly verified to her no worries that both watches would be ready within a week and that she will certainly call her personally when ready. Georgina discovered in those few minutes that the proprietor had the ability to recognise instantly just what needed to be done. The owner even went as far to call the supplier directly to verify that she can receive from them what was needed.
Georgina kept in mind just how she really felt before as she left. She felt like avoiding the store! She was now smiling, and she really felt satisfied and also really felt very important person (VIP)!
This experience completely altered Georgina’s attitude and behaviour for the day.
- She really felt valued!
- She was acknowledged from a previous check out.
- She sensed immediate hope.
- She was comprehended.
- She definitely felt crucial.
- She really felt highly important because the procedure unexpectedly met her assumptions in very little time.
The above stated are called customer’s global demands. One of my favorite leadership authors Brian Tracy, in his booked called No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline he pins out 7 ways of how we can make people feel important which I believe will be beneficial to you.
- Accept people the way they are. Because most people are judgmental and critical, to be unconditionally accepted by another person raises that person’s self-esteem, reinforces his or her self-image, and makes that person much more likely to accept you and follow your lead.
- Show your appreciation for others. When you appreciate another person for anything that he or she has done or said, they will like themselves and you more as well. The simplest way to express appreciation is to simply say, “Thank you” for an idea, some good feedback, time spent together, or an order.
- Be agreeable. The most welcomed people in every situation are those who are generally agreeable and positive with others. Entrepreneurs who like to be argumentative, complaining, or disagreeable, will have a hard time closing a contract, investment, or a customer contract.
- Show your admiration. People invest a lot of personal emotion in their possessions, traits, and accomplishments. When you admire something belonging to another person, it makes him feel happy about himself. Everyone has positives, and it’s up to you to find them. In turn, these positives will be reflected back on you.
- Pay attention to others. The most powerful way to pay attention to someone is to listen attentively first, even ask questions, before you launch into a monologue answering every question they might never ask. Believe it or not, before you even say a word, you will become a more interesting and intelligent person in their eyes.
- Never criticize, condemn, or complain. In business as well as personal relationships, the most harmful force of all is destructive criticism. It lowers a person’s self-esteem, makes him feel angry and defensive, and causes him to dislike you. If your target is someone not present, it still causes a loss of trust in you, since your listener could be the next target.
- Be courteous, concerned, and considerate of everyone you meet.When you treat a person with courtesy and respect, they will value and respect you more. By being concerned, you connect with their emotions. Consideration is the discipline to do and say things to people that are important to them.
Try it for a day to everybody you come in contact with, making them feel really important and also see just what takes place!
PS: Get the book from Brian Tracy – No Excuses: The Power of Self-Discipline
Happy commenting and sharing people!